Time is TBD|
Massage exchange day
A whole day dedicated to giving and receiving massage, in a supportive and inspiring environment. Practice and polish up your massage moves and then rejoice in receiving plenty of massage for you and your specific needs too!
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Amsterdam, Christoffel Plantijngracht 6, 1064 GW Amsterdam, Netherlands
About the event
On this Massage Exchange day we will come together to deepen our connection with massage.
The first half of the day we will focus on your needs whilst giving the massage. Enabling you to take the opportunity to practise skills, share techniques and receive helpful feedback from your massage buddy on the massage table. The second half of the day we shift the focus to the glory of receiving a massage. Taking time to ensure you get what you need, embracing this special moment to receive from fellow massage practitioners and enthusiasts - your body will be so grateful!
This workshop is suitable for anyone who has a good basic foundation in massage. For example you have followed a course and feel confident in how to move your own body at a massage table as well as have a knowledge of basic massage strokes. It does not mean you have to be a professional massage therapist but if you are GREAT!
Throughout the day we will exchange with different people giving and receiving as this brings the opportunity to grow, learn and create in different ways.
About your Facilitators
Sophie Fagan is a Holistic Massage therapist and teacher with over 11 years experience in both the UK and the Netherlands. She is the co-founder of Embodied Empowerment and facilitates regular events and practitioner supervision groups, all in the spirit of ¨Strength in Community¨. Sophie enjoys giving 1-1 massage sessions at a number of locations with busy massage practices in Amsterdam, Utrecht and Bristol UK. Sophie experiences giving massage sessions as a source of connection, inspiration and grounded relaxation.
Bart van Meeteren has a background in Tai Chi, Ecstatic dance and Zen meditation. These practices enable him to embody lightness and grounded awareness when it comes to the body and guiding groups to explore their inner and outer worlds.
- Doors open at 09.30am to set up the space and have a warming drink together.
- Workshop begins at 10am sharp.
- Bring your own lunch
- There will be light refreshments and snacks available all day.
- If bringing your own massage table please bring everything you need to give massage e.g towels, sheets, face covers, massage oil
- There will be some base oil massage oil provided but feel free to bring your own with you
- Bring along your favourite massage inspirational books, tools, etc. We will set up a library of inspiration so in the breaks we can peruse and get inspired by each other's massage materials.
- Paid parking at the normal city rate & Bicycle racks at the location.
As we do not have massage tables at the venue we have a limited amount of discounted tickets for those who can bring their own massage table.
For more information contact Sophie E: email@example.com | T: 0627356429
- Ticket type
Regular ticketPrice€ 75,00
+€ 15,75 VATTax: +€ 15,75 VAT
- Ticket type
Bring your massage tablePrice€ 60,00
+€ 12,60 VATTax: +€ 12,60 VAT